polyester refinishing

Mike Kurta mkurta@adelphia.net
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:15:52 -0400

    Hi Mike:
    Your question came up on the list a few weeks ago, and the answer =
was to contact Keyboard Carriage in Kentucky.  Word has it they will do =
a first class job.  From a local=20
piano dealer, he said he used a Mercedes auto body shop to refinish a =
lid and said it looked good.
    Mike Kurta
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Mike Bratcher=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 8:52 AM
  Subject: polyester refinishing

  Folks,

  I have a customer that just had their Kimball Grand moved.  The movers =
damaged the lid flap.  There are 2 several foot long cracks extending =
from the lid buttons.  I can do my own poly repairs, but I think this =
should be taken away and refinished. =20

  Normally I would just order a new part, however Kimball is no longer =
in business.

  Are there any poly refinishers around?

  Just Curious

  Mike Bratcher