[pianotech] Grand Treble Bell

Robin Hufford hufford1@airmail.net
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 00:02:25 -0700

Richard,
    I was informed, I think at the factory, or perhaps I read at some point in the PT
Journal, that the nosebolt at the "Bell" was intended to be an adjustable mechanism
to preserve downbearing as the board changed after leaving the factory.  Also,
Steinway eventually refused to make recommendations as to how much tightening was
recommended, apparently understanding the risk of breaking the plate or encountering
difficulties in this regard.
Regards, Robin Hufford