Challenge

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 22:00:58 -0500

>P.S. Before someone says, "Why, you idiot, why didn't you ... " please
>note that rescheduling wasn't an option and there was nowhere to move the
>piano.

Why you idiot, why didn't you play the "Close Encounters" theme? They would
all have recognized that one... It's unsettling when they all just look at
you like owls, isn't it?

Just kidding, but "encounters" does usually get a laugh from the under 60,
over 18 age group. I'll go away now, I see someone over there looking at me
like an owl.

As you were.

I had one of those encounters last week tuning two grands in a church
gymnasium with a crowd of over 70s setting up tables with folding chairs,
shouting back and forth over me to the guy on the perimeter runway overhead
hanging banners, and sorting and cleaning about 300 pounds of silverware in
plastic trays. WHAT? Hey, just so they sound good together.

My condolences.

Ron N