Piano Apron

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:42:50 -0700

The pipe insulation sounds like a good idea.  Do run some material down the sides and clamp it on with the insulation?  What's with the "Ft. Stinkin' Desert"?
David I.

From: Nichols <nicho@lascruces.com>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Piano Apron

At 09:01 AM 9/13/2002 -0700, you wrote:

Anybody know where can I get an apron for outside of the piano which is used to protect the outside of the case while I am working on the soundboard/plate etc..

Thanks

David Love

David,
    Auto parts stores have fender guards that are okay, but can be a problem with fresh finishes due to the vinyl or rubber backing. Consider flannel. For the top of the rim, I use the snap-on pipe insulation from hardware stores. Get the "higher" quality stuff, it lasts a long time and doesn't break into little pieces. Bigger is better.

Guy Nichols, RPT
Ft. Stinkin' Desert