Pinblock too low

Kdivad@aol.com Kdivad@aol.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:13:49 EDT

In a message dated 9/16/02 10:11:53 AM Central Daylight Time,
gnewell@ameritech.net writes:

> Tom,
>          I think if you wanted to use a router or a hand held rotary planer
>
> you would have to remove the keybed while the piano was upside down.
>
> Greg Newell

Tom, Greg,  If everything else checks out and you can solve the problem by
taking material off the pinblock, a hand held rotary planer will fit in the
cavity of most pianos.
While a little awkward you can carefully hold the planer upside down and
shave the bottom of the block effectively.  Just make sure you mask off the
back action carefully, (don't ask).

David Koelzer
Vintage Pianos
DFW