Piano Sound: was something else

Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:43:44 +0200

We keep ridiculing this, without really knowing what it refers too. Similiar subjects come up and get discounted more or less out of hand also. Yet much is made of the importance of string
/ soundboard impedance match to sustain and power. Perhaps there are other "impedance matches" to the strings energy that play an important / significant roll in the "end product" sound of
the piano. Perhaps its not so much a matter of whether one rim reflects more  or better then another... but rather that one rim relfects an optimal amount.. ??

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.