Temperament "discussion"

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 00:08:45 -0500

Yes the "temperament discussions" are alive and well "off line".
There are a few of us offering temperament schemes in a rational
and scholarly manner.   It is not so much discussion but rather
simple exchange.  For example, by clicking on
remoody@midstatesd.net   you can request the following  that I
have composed.......(as in put together).......
    Making Sense of Cents
    Pietro Aaron and Meantone
            Text  (Eng. trans)
            Commentary on text
    James Broadwood and ET 1811
            Text
            Commentary on text
    Claude Montal and ET
            (Translation) (with permission from translator)
            Synopsis
    Notes on Aural Tuning of  Meantone, compare Wm  B White 1911
             vs  Aaron,  1624
    Notes on Aural Tuning of ET by 5ths ....... Broadwood   vs
Moore and                   Moore, as described by Ellis (1877)

Comparison of Aural Tuning as judged by SAT   (video) (in
production)    Comparison of SAT Tuning as judged by Aural
(video) (forth coming)

    Aural vs SAT vs RCT vs TuneLab vs Verituner vs Peterson vs
Yamaha
            vs  Anyother............ (under consideration for
production of CD and
                        Video for sale by June 2003)  (If there is
enough interest,                              auditions will be
held for this, drop an email to

remoody@midstatesd.net    for details)

---ric