Pinblock too low

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 22:27:53 -0500

>Greg;
>     You are probably right. The plate would never crack just 'pressing' the
>pins back up just a bit. You go ahead and do it. If it works several times,
>please let me know.
>I'm just to afraid to try this trick.
>
>Tommy Black

Tommy, Greg,

I've pressed up pins that had gotten one too many licks with the four
pounder in the restringing process. Yea, I went to sleep. I used a little
machinist's jack with a 0.25" pin instead of the standard flat top on the
screw. It works fine, and there's no more danger of cracking the plate than
wedging under the pinblock for stringing.

Seems like I always learn more fixing screw ups than I do getting lucky the
first time.

Ron N