stringing job

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 21:08:32 EDT

In a message dated 09/15/2002 8:42:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu writes:

> WOW!!!  I count 4 missing strings and 6 which look like they are in the
> wrong places!!  Did he have a set of universals for spares?
> "any spare, anywhere!"

Hi,
 I haven't been told where the strings came from.I was called in to replace a
string,and tune for a concert.I don't know who serviced the piano before,but
did find out the pastor did all this damage.There was about ten or more
strings replaced,with the windings,several inches off from each other,and
more with the windings buried against the plate.Then all of the ones you
see,plus the ones missing.I ended up having to restring the bass,and thank
goodness he didn't do any permanent damage.I told the music director to
confiscate the tuning hammer,and take him out back for a flogging
( just kidding,but I did tell him ).
Best,
Hazen Bannister