More EBVT Data

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 14:41:37 -0600

Hi Jason,

Bill tunes exceptionally wide octaves--at least at the extreme treble of
the instrument. He has claimed on the list a figure of 75 cents stretch.
Usually such octaves would not be sweet--but very powerful. Sweet is a
subjective term.

At 01:24 PM 9/15/02 -0700, you wrote:
>>"" fifth he is actually tuning something slightly contracted (and the BbF
>>slightly expanded). I suspect that the tuning tends to sound good because
>>the M3s on C, G, D, and F are all sweeter than ET, and that when he tunes
>>the rest of the piano he compensates, adjusts, fixes to reduce the
>>imbalances, and that his method of tuning octaves is probably so sweet
>>that it alone makes the piano sing.

> jason kanter * piano tuning * piano teaching

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.