Fw: Temperament LIst, was OT - Florida Update

Sat, 14 Sep 2002 22:27:52 +0200

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> This is a good case in point. I don't see two people shouting insults, only
> one. The other seems to be making an attempt at clarification based on
> something approximating verifiable facts and logic.

Hmmm... seems to me that only Ron Koval has been taking that line... Tho I
grant that BB is way off base on the direct insults field, I am not sure how
many of us are in any sense of the word qualified to judge whos right or wrong,
or presenting facts, or simply communicating poorly for that matter. Ron, at
least, has made the attempt to see if there is any basis for miscommunication.
Not a bad idea really as that usually accounts for 90 % or some such
overwhelming figure of the arguments in this world. I may be ready to pass
judgement on BB's personal tactics, but I'm far from ready to judge his
prowress in the Temperament arena.

> It always disappoints me to see both sides of unfortunate discussions like
> this lumped together under a common heading in this way. To me, it means
> that the noise is being heard, but the message is being lost. It means that
> the proponent of the rational and technically supportable side of these
> kind of discussions is  wasting his time trying to make sense of it for the
> rest of us.

Yes,,,, well that of course always depends on whoes sense of "rationality" or
"technically supportable ideas" we are talking about. I have made this point
before and I will no doubt again in the future.

> Of course, that's just my opinion.
>
> Ron N

I personally fault both these gentlemen for the arguement. It always takes two,
and in this case Ed started it to be fair. No real problem as far as I am
concerned tho. There is a delete key for anyone annoyed by anything anyone
writes. You can also filter out a participant so his/her posts go directly into
the trash.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.