Insults

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 16:25:26 EDT

Ron N writes:

> I don't see two people shouting insults, only
>  one. The other seems to be making an attempt at clarification based on
>  something approximating verifiable facts and logic.

Thanks, Ron, this one grabbed me too, but you said it sooner and much better.
I for one am learning from this thread, at least from one side of it, and
don't want it to go away.

One party says, "Here is what you have published, and I see a problem," and
the other says "You are misinterpreting my facts because I put up the wrong
ones, so you are an incompetent lying weasel." I know I am not the only
person more persuaded by one style of debate than the other, and I have a
STRONG belief that the List has the good sense not to take one as seriously
as the other.

Defamation may be unethical and immoral, but it is also a very weak form of
argument.

Bob D