Fw: Temperament LIst, was OT - Florida Update

Mike and Jane Spalding mjbkspal@execpc.com
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 10:41:41 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike and Jane Spalding <mjbkspal@execpc.com>
To: Don <pianotuna@accesscomm.ca>
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2002 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: Temperament LIst, was OT - Florida Update

HI Don,

I understand, and agree, about signal-to-noise.  The difficulty is in categorization, since one person's signal is another's noise.  We've had this same conversation, recently, on the topic of refinishing.  Some do, some don't, some are interested, some are not.  Very hard to decide if it belongs on the list or not.  To a large extent, the list decides by consensus:  If one's refinishing post elicits no response, or negative response, the reasonable member will conclude that the list as a whole is not interested, and he/she will take the refinishing discussion to a different forum.  On the other hand, when the same two people hurl the same insults at each other day after day, week after week, month after ... well, you get the idea, I'd be willing to bet that the number of list members who feel THAT belongs on the list is less than or equal to two.

just my 2 cents

Mike Spalding, RPT