Ernie Juhn update

Ruth Phillips webb50@comcast.net
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:57:50 -0400

Hi everyone,
Now that fall is here, I want to send this letter out to all the lists, which
was sent to chapter officers over the summer and to the lists.  Here is the
latest on Ernie's condition.  He is still in the hospital.  Briefly he was in a
nursing home but only a few days.  One of his legs was so badly infected they
had to amputate it.  Since then he felt better for a few days, then fever spiked
again.  He is constantly being moved from nursing home to hospital.
Webb

How about just one tuning for Ernie

Ernie needs your help.************ He really needs your HELP.
Ernie Juhn, one of the most loyal and hardest workers ever for you and the
Piano Technicians Guild, has in the last couple of years had at least (6) SIX
STROKES, and has spent much of this time in the hospital.  Since his most
recent stroke, (in April '02), he broke his hip and is confined to a hospital
bed. His chances of ever walking again ???????

Having had no income for the last couple of years you can guess the needs. He
has given so much to us. Please, give something back to Ernie

LETS EVERYONE GIVE AT LEAST ONE TUNING TO ERNIE

It's so little for you and I, and it will mean so much to him and his needs

We laud the tremendous effort extolling the virtues and achievements for the
benefit of the piano industry and the Piano Technicians Guild by Ernie Juhn.
I'm not about to write a eulogy, but I want to make you aware of the energy
put forth by Ernie for you and the entire piano industry.

He became a member of the PTG in 1965. He immediately started sharing his
piano building and service knowledge with other members of the industry. He
started working as the convention director of the International Institute
committee. He was director of the International convention in Denver in 1970.
In 1971 he was director for the Cleveland convention. Worked as assistant
director every year that he was not director. Director 1980 Philadelphia.
Director 1985 Kansas City. Director 1988 St. Louis. Director 1991
Philadelphia. In addition, he served as the Northeast Regional Vice
President. Served in all the chapter offices as well as doer and advisor to
all areas of PTG. No other member that I know of has put forth more effort
for the benefit of the piano industry than Ernie Juhn.

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN. HELP ERNIE AND HIS FAMILY BY DONATING YOUR CHARGE FOR ONE
TUNING.

Make check payable to Webb Phillips, noted for Ernie Juhn, whatever you want to
send. Mail to: 3096 Bristol Rd., Warrington, PA 18976

Webb Phillips