Shop Lights

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:01:09 -0700

Chuck,
I stongly advise getting "commercial grade" flourescents, as they last
longer without that darned "hum". Once the ballast starts to go, the "hum"
begins. There cheapy type "shop lights" available that are not even worth
what they sell for. DAMHIK! It is possible to get full spectrum tubes, but
they are VERY expensive. I chose to use regular tubes and supplement with a
couple of halogens at either end of the shop. This really puts the color
spectrum back where it should be and reduces the stress that regular
flourescent lights cause.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)