Steinway w/88 Tone Arms

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:23:26 -0500

Hi, Wim. I was going to steer the Petrof question-asker to you, but I =
knew you'd grab it, anyway.

About the S&S. Thanks for your response. One thing: This is a little =
grand, not a vertical. I wasn't sure about the "L" designation but there =
is an L stenciled just below the serial number, so I assumed (always a =
danger) that it is a model L. I regularly tune a 1903 S and a similar =
vintage Hamburg O. That is the extent of my Steinway experience. I don't =
remember those others having the problems I described here.=20

That's why I ask:

Is it typical?=20

Are there any tips, secrets, or incantations known to help?

Alan Barnard