Pinblock too low

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:32:48 -0400

Mike,
         I thought of something after the fact, naturally, that may have
helped me not destroy the chisel I used to slice off the bottom 2 layers of
pin block. I could have gotten some short piece of material slightly
smaller in diameter than the tuning pins and driven them back up through
the hole with the screw type jack that came with my first pin block support
jack. I forget where I got this thing but the whole jack consisted of 2) 3"
or so long pieces of delignit, and this screw type jack that has two
sleeves you can use to make the thing taller if need be. Anyway that would
have done the trick I think to "press" each of the pins up that were too
low to start with. FWIW

Greg Newell

Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net