9/11

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:04:48 -0400

Not me. I booked for home.

That same customer called me today to schedule a tuning. He said that he was able to remember our last appointment (I left his piano partially tuned, but went back a few days later to finish).

That was just too much for any day.

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin E. Ramsey" <ramsey@extremezone.com>
To: <ilvey@sbcglobal.net>; "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: 9/11

    I've noticed this behavior, both in myself and others, David. Sometimes when sometime this stressful hits us, we just go on auto-pilot. There's something comforting in the routine. The fact that none of your customers cancelled could be due to their desire for company, as much as anything else.

   Every customer wanted to keep their appointment...I tuned
  with the TV on and stopped constantly dumbfounded by the horror of the scene...

  Looking back I can't explain why I didn't turn around and head home that day...maybe I was too numbed to think clearly...

  David I.