Schimmel Upright question

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:34:51 -0500

Hi Andre,

Well, I went to look at it today (Thursday). About the only thing I could
do to make it a little "lighter" was to ease the balance rail holes. But
that was only a very, very little bit!

I did a little bit of let-off and lost motion regulation but I don't think
it really helped very much.

In my opinion, the main problems are damper springs that are too strong but
I hesitate to mess with them because of possible damping problems.

The other thing I question is that almost all of the white keys had two
leads in the back side of the key. Somehow, I really question that! Most
of the sharps had none at all. The piano is app. a 48" type and is about
one year old. Any suggestions?

Avery