OT - 9/11

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 06:27:50 -0500

David, Clyde,

At 07:08 9/12/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>   I saw both towers fall.

I was here at school and had just gotten into the coffee shop for break as
the TV there was showing the second plane hit the towers.  Within an hour,
there was a bomb threat which basically cleared campus.  I went home (only
a block), watched TV and became increasingly concerned about the plane
which went down in PA.  It took more than two hours for them to get from
"western PA" to "Somerset County" to "Shanksville".

After making a number of phone calls, I found out that the impact was
between my cousin's and her daughter's homes,  and not far from her other
daughter's school. Both homes had debris in their yards.

Talking with the teenager at Christmas, she related that her classmates had
figured out that, if the plane had been in the air only TWO SECONDS longer,
it would have wiped out the school and half the town.

There is a God.

"Let's Roll!", indeed.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(563)-387-1204  //  Fax (563)-387-1076(Dept.office)

Quod capita tot sensus.