Norton vs McAfee

Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:17:18 +0200

Duaine Hechler wrote:

> Excuse me, but, why would you want to pay $40 a year, when
> you can get the same or better quality software for *free*
> ??

This is beginning to sound like some of the low end piano
owners I know when they talk about getting their pianos
serviced.

> I have a lot of places I can spend that $40, instead of
> software companies !!

Most of these sharewear companies actually request donations
to help finance the effort. And its kind of nice to send
them some. :)

> So..... I guess you are willing to spend about $400 for
> very upgrade of MS-Office -- than -- get a comparable
> Office package for *free* -- OpenOffice at openoffice.org
>
> Duaine

Nothing comes from nothing... nothing ever could. So
somewhere in your youth, or childhood you must have done
something good.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.