[pianotech] RE:greasy pianos

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:01:00 -0600

At 10:52 AM 11/09/02 -0700, Gordon wrote:

>  Thanks,D.L.!
>      I often ask: "Would you consider it appropriate
>to play on a $60,000 guitar with unwashed fingers?"
>And everyone says "No!". But pianos are "fair game", I
>guess.

Although the great bass player Jaco Pastorius only played a $1,000 bass
guitar it was said that he always ate fried chicken before a performance so
the grease would lubricate his fingers and the strings and let him play
faster. Changing bass strings is a lot less hassle on a Fender than on a
piano though.

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
Pianotech IRC chats Tuesday and Thursday nights and Sunday Mornings
http://www.bigfoot.com/~kmvander/ircpiano.html