Rock Hard Felt (was Re: Grousing ...)

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:55:11 -0700

> Delwin D Fandrich wrote:
>

> > Alas, Phil, petrified rock felt is already
> being used by several piano
> > manufacturers. And, sadly, it is
> working--presuming, of course, you consider
> > annual unit sales to the gullible, musically
> deaf to be the only criteria of
> > 'working.'
> >
> > Del
> >

> Yeah, but that is for hammers :)  When they
> start making plates out of the stuff
> we are really in trouble. Course I suppose it
> might have some pretty decent
> internal damping characteristics... :)
>
> --
> Richard Brekne

Maybe we have finally discovered the problem.  Maybe there was a communication
problem between the design and production departments.  That rock hard
material was supposed to go into the plates, not the hammers.  They didn't
discover it until the pianos were on the market, and then they had to pretend
that that's what they intended all along.

Phil F

Phillip Ford
Piano Service & Restoration
1777 Yosemite Ave - 215