Open Forum for Humans (was Re: new list features)

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:49:31 -0700

> As with all such forums, cyberspaced or not,
> there is and will always be a mix
> of serious discussion, small talk, unbridled
> infighting, utter nonsensical
> chatting, along with some measure of shoulder
> rubbing, head clapping, side
> kicking, arse smooching, ear nibbling, and the
> rest of what you can expect when
> you put a hundred or so humans in the same room
> together and allow them to
> be.... human.
> --
> Richard Brekne

Well put, Ric.  And why would one expect it, or want it, to be otherwise?  If
you went to another technician's shop because you wanted him to show you how
to do something, and while showing you, he talked about the weather, or made
some jokes, would you say, 'Hey, I'm a busy guy.  I don't have time for this
BS.  Just give me useful technical information.'?

Phil F