[pianotech] Re: new list features

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:37:50 -0400

At 9:00 AM -0600 9/11/02, Don wrote:
>Also most email systems will
>no longer allow telenet access--so your delay to move to better equipment
>would not longer be an option--we call this "progress"? *grin*

As mentioned, the delay was not a matter of choice but available
jack. Which is why, in sorting out the people on this list who say
they can't make mailboxes and filters, we should expect to find a
small group for whom it is physically impossible. As for the rest, we
should form an ad hoc committee to help them through this small step.
By the response so far, Andy is likely going to completely drop the
"[pianotech]" tag. We should be ready to help those who think that
this tag is important for the successful  management of their mail.

BTW did you notice what happens when you manually remove the tag from
the Subject field? It adds it at the front of whatever subject there
may already be. (I think Ron Koval also tried this. See: "re: which
HT is best").

Command-line Unix? Yep, been there, done that. (I don't care who many
men it put on the moon....)

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"There are fifty ways to screw up on this job. If you can think of
twenty of them, you're a genius......and you aint no genius"
     ...........Mickey Rourke to William Hurt, in "Body Heat", discussing arson.