[pianotech] Re: new list features

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:27:50 -0500

>I can sympathize with someone held back by old hardware.

I'm not so sure "held back" is the operative phrase here. More like forced
upgrade at gunpoint in too many cases. Dear Sir, Enclosed is one purchase
order (for your convenience), outlining your required monetary expenditure
(time being another commodity altogether, and beyond the scope of both this
document and most likely our tech support facility as well, which should be
on-line real soon now) pursuant to your regaining the minimal function you
had last week before our system upgrades rendered you obsolete. Please sign
and return the enclosed PO, with appropriate payment, and we will ship you
an upgrade kit enabling your potential use of some of the fine new features
of our system, such as changing colors and fonts, and the automatic and
entertaining display of colorful animated advertising and behind the scenes
help-bots that work tirelessly keeping us apprised of your every keystroke
via your cable or modem, so that we may better anticipate your product
needs. To avoid future inconveniences of this type, please note the Power
of Attorney box at the bottom of the PO. This ensures prompt automatic
future upgrades as required for uninterrupted service. Check the box if you
do not wish to participate in seamless future upgrades. Or you can do
nothing at all and the handy help-bots installed with the last upgrade will
order the upgrade(s) automatically. What could be easier?

Looking forward to serving you often and for a very long time...

Vlad, Marketing Director

Ron N