[pianotech] Too Many Uprights

Dave Smith dsmith941@hotmail.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:20:19 -0400

Terry,

#5)  give one of them to me for rebuilding practise?  I am about to the
point with my old Ebersole upright that it will play decently and is ready
for sale or donation or something.

I have done bridle straps, hammer reshaping and repair, some string
replacement, bass bridge apron repair, and am now working on key re-bushing
(Phil Bondi please don't send in any comments about glueing sharps
together), and then regulation.     I could obviously use more practise on
these  items, and would welcome new challenges, although I am not equipped
for major rebuild work yet.

Let's talk off-line about what degree of love these uprights need.  Maybe
there is a home for at least one of them here.

Thanks.

Dave Smith
Pine Island, FL