[pianotech] great use for an old tool

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:33:44 EDT

HI,
  I bought some key bushing wedge clamps ( part 151 in Schaff catalog ),back
years ago.Remember when you first got in the buisness,and you couldn't wait
to get the tool catalog out,and SPEND.Well,it never worked well for me,for
what it was intended for.But I've found it's great for bushing a pedal
lyre.It is the perfect size, to hold the cloth in place, in the opening where
the pedal goes,which is normally bushed with something about the thickness of
nameboard felt.You squeeze it closed,slide it in outside the felt,and let go.
Best,
Hazen Bannister