[pianotech] Which HT is best?

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:08:17 -0300

Hi List,

I have finally got one of the staff at the University, I have a contract =
with, to think seriously, about having one of the pianos, in his studio =
tuned to an HT.
My problem is, I don't play, and have no experience as to what sounds =
good with what.
Is there a list that tells, which temperament sounds best for a certain =
time period, or composer?
I intend to use a SATlll, and offset the tuning with either the ones =
from the manual, or other offsets I have that were made from Mr =
Jorgensen's book. I can't remember where I got them, but someone on the =
list sent me a number of them a few years ago.
Hoping someone can help me be able to pick the proper one to demonstrate =
their potential. I am hoping he will then, let me try different ones =
periodically.

Thank you, in advance.
Best regards,

John M. Ross