[pianotech] new list features

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:51:02 -0400

On Tuesday, September 10, 2002, at 12:26  PM, Andy Rudoff wrote:

>  the ability to put
> "footers" on each message.

>  it also potentially cuts down on the number of times
> I have to re-send the FAQ, remind people how to get on and off the
> list,
> or even step in and handle someone's subscription myself.

Exactly! It's an important link!

> The other feature like this is the "[pianotech]" added to the beginning
> of each Subject header.

> 	1. leave the [pianotech] in the Subject lines
> 	2. shorten it to something like [pt]
> 	3. remove it completely

Either #1 or #2 please.

Thanks so much Andy.
Somewhat OT: I just upgraded my Mac OS, and the Mail program has a new
Junk Mail filter capability. I've never "looked" for this feature which
is buried in some e-mail programs, but I must say I'm drowning in
e-mail as I'm subscribed to several lists pertaining to various
interests and plowing through 150 or so messages a day soaks up a lot
of valuable time. So I'd just like to make a "second" to the occasional
pleas that we all keep on topic. Otherwise I'll start using my new
filter feature (which the program is badgering me to use), which should
save me from "wasted bandwidth", but also I'll miss the *truly worthy
contributions* that are mixed in with the dross.
Best wishes to all & especially Andy,
Patrick Draine