[pianotech] new list features

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:59:51 EDT

In a message dated 9/10/02 11:30:49 AM Central Daylight Time, andy@rudoff.com
writes:

> .  So I thought I'd ask for opinions on this one.
> Here are some things we could do:
>
>     1. leave the [pianotech] in the Subject lines
>     2. shorten it to something like [pt]
>     3. remove it completely
>
> I kind of like #3 the best, but wanted to hear what others prefer.  I'll
> probably just follow suit with the other lists, caut, ptg-l, etc. so if
> you have an opinion please let me know.
>
> thanks,
>
> -andy

I kind of like the header. It allows me to see instantly if the message comes
from one of "us," or if it just garbage. I get a lot of mail from
advertisers, who disguise their post with subject headings that make them
sound like piano related topics. An abbreviated version, (pt, ct, ptgl, etc,)
might alleviate running out of room for the subject.