[pianotech] new list features

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:58:00 -0400

At 10:26 AM 9/10/2002 -0600, you wrote:
><snip>
>The other feature like this is the "[pianotech]" added to the beginning
>of each Subject header.  I'm not that fond of this either, for the same
>"noise" reasons.  But I have had the request several times over the past
>years to add something like this for people who like to sort their mail
>by Subject line, so when the new list software put it there by default,
>I left it in.  It makes the headers a little less easy to read for me,
>though, since it pushes the words I want to see to the right and I have
>to scroll to see them.  So I thought I'd ask for opinions on this one.
>Here are some things we could do:
>
>         1. leave the [pianotech] in the Subject lines
>         2. shorten it to something like [pt]
>         3. remove it completely
>
>I kind of like #3 the best, but wanted to hear what others prefer.  I'll
>probably just follow suit with the other lists, caut, ptg-l, etc. so if
>you have an opinion please let me know.
>thanks,-andy

Andy,
Thanks for all your great efforts. I would choose option 3 also.
Please don't clutter up the subject line because some people are just too
lazy to make a 'pianotech' mailbox and filter their messages.

I subscribe to many lists and they each have their own mailbox and the
posts are sent immediately to their respective designations.
Within each mailbox you have the option to sort the posts by date, topic,
sender, size.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.