[pianotech] Interval Size vs. BPS (was true properties)

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:00:55 -0600

Hi Bill B (of sideways well fame)

I'm glad to hear that you finally admit that reverse well does seem to
"somehow work" with Chopin and that "most people would not be aware of what
is wrong with it."

Forgive me, but in light of your own words, this whole discussion seems to
be a tempest in a tea pot.

<snip>

>Let's not forget the most obvious one of them all, the De Morgan
Temperament >which Ed deliberately chose for Chopin.  I'm sure Ed had his
own theory and >reasons for doing so.  Even though it was a choice many,
including me, thought >was very poor, it still does somehow work and most
people would never even be >aware of what is wrong with it.  That is how
tuners get away with tuning >Reverse Well every day.

>Bill Bremmer RPT
>Madison, Wisconsin
>Click here: -=w w w . b i l l b r e m m e r . c o m =-

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.