[pianotech] re: the true properties of EBVT

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:19:43 +0930

Hey Guys,

When I first started tuning I had my own scale too. It sure wasn't ET =
but some said it was Extra Telestral. Then I learnt how to set a scale =
properly (the same as everyone else) and now I'm down to earth. =
Sometimes I think that my first scale was one of these EBVT thingees =
that you guys rave on about and sometimes I wonder if they are popular =
because they don't have to be exact cos if they were exact then they =
would be ET.

I guess that when we all started to learn how to tune pianos someone  =
said "gee thats beautiful, I love the sound when I play in E flat major =
seventh diminished."

Regards

Tony Caught
caute@optusnet.com.au