[pianotech] plate refinishing detail

Gerald Posey poseyviolins@charter.net
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 18:23:20 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Page" <jonpage@attbi.com>
To: "Open Forum for Piano Technicians" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Re: plate refinishing detail

> Gerald,
> I recall from your original post that you are a hobbist, not a piano
> technician.
>
> Many of the replies to date have been in the vein of what we do in the
> course of restringing
> a piano. May I hazard a guess that you are looking to spray the plate
while
> it is still strung?

I will be restringing the piano and finishing the plate outside of the case
Also new hammers and tuning pins.

> I would also like to recommend that you to seek the advise of a local
> technician because this
> is not a self-help forum.

There are no techs in this area

    The Do-it-Yourselfers are on a newsgroup:
> rec.music.makers.pianos.

Thanks, I'll go there, but I intend to stay subscribed to this list too.  My
bandwidth here is considerably less than Why not Minot, or EBVT

Gerald