[pianotech] <off topic> Scams and spams

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:34:10 -0700

<off topic>

I located an interesting web page which directly relates to the spam we =
have been receiving on this list.  You know, the "Help me I'm a rich =
homeless person in Africa in need of a money laundering accomplice" =
letters.  You will find a list of these letters going around along with =
other related e-mail scams.  Apparently one of the primary authors and =
distributors of these letters was caught and just sentenced to 12 years =
in an African prison, (see article).  Anyway kind if interesting.

The Cyber Museum of Scam and Frauds
http://www.quatloos.com/

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV