[pianotech] "Why not Minot?"

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 18:22:03 -0400

At 04:27 PM 9/9/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Del:
>
>There is an interesting article in MIT's Technology Review about some
>progress on this front.  You can read it online at
>http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/fairley0702.asp?p=1
>
>dave
 >are beginning to colonize German, Dutch and British waters, too.
 >In North America, speculators envision massive offshore wind
 >farms near British Columbia and Nantucket, MA.

This proposal has a lot of opposition from those wanting to preserve the 'look'
of Nantucket Sound. I guess the very idea of forty generators on the coastline
has many people lobbying to block it.

They already have a windmil...a grist mill. History, Tradition are strong
on that island.

Nice place,
Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician