[pianotech] Re: Rim Width

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

No, I'm not joking. We are, after all, pretending to
be high class people restoring an expensive art object
for relatively high rates of pay: not digging
outhouses for minimumn wage.  I have always been
deeply offended when, while working at others' shops,
wire is drgged on floor and stepped on during
restringing, revolting filth is left in keybeds, and
actions are worked on after wiping grease from fried
chicken on shirt instead of washing ( all of which I
have actually seen ). Whenever I enter a customer's
house, the first thing I ask is: "Is there someplace I
can wash my hands?" I do this wheteher the patient is
a new, pristine Schimmel or a filthy old Wurtilizer.
driving, pumping gas, handling $ etc.. is sure to get
your hands pretty slimy. One very popular tuner around
here NEVER washes, and has left a long trail of rusty
handprints all over pressure bars, strings, etc. due
to his acid sweat. I believe that everything is
actually God's property, and strive to treat it as
such.
     Gordon Stelter