[pianotech] "Why not Minot?"

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:13:32 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, in Dubya's home state of Texas, MANY oil
companies ARE investing hugely in wind farms, as they
realize the excellent profit potential!  Texas and
Oklahoma will soon be the #1 wind-lectric producers in
the US. If the acreage covered by US army bases was in
wind farms, ALL our domestic energy could be provided!
I propose placing thousands of miles of solar panels
along railroad rights-of-way, abandoned or in use. Not
only could they power the trains, but communities in
between. And many states now have "net-metering" laws
which provide individuals the opportunity to place
renewable systems on their property which can be
plugged right into their house wiring. When you
produce more than you use, your meter runs backwards.
The utility grid then serves as a reservoir to draw
from. Net metering is now in most states. But here in
"the South" the mighty and mighty selfish and evil
Southern Company has blocked all attempts at thewir
implementation ( and gotten special favors from Dubya
to avoid cleaning up their smokestack emmisions,
thanks to the currently corrupt, "puppet' agency known
as the EPA.
     Piano Tuners Rule!
--- Delwin D Fandrich <pianobuilders@olynet.com>