[pianotech] Re: Hygrometer

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 14:45:29 -0400

I once heard a rebuilder, who shall remain nameless, say that if an old
piano didn't have a crack in the soundboard it probably was never that good
a piano in the first place. I think his reasoning was something to the
effect that it may never have had any crown or downbearing in the first
place. Seemed like a very strange statement at the time. Seems even more
strange now! Thought it might be good for a chuckle though.

Greg