Very Scary Instrument Thought

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 18:21:03 -0700

>In our home, we just remodeled our dining room. My wife and I both had the
>same thought of setting a nice old cello in the corner for decoration - an
>old one of very little value (definately less than $100).
>
>Then this scary thought came over me. I asked my wife if she wanted it to
>be playable. She said yes, of course. Then I thought that we were being
>just like those crazy PSO (well, POS really) people most of us deal with
>that go and buy an old junk grand for $500 and ask "oh, just make it work,
>we don't really play it, but we would just like the keys to work".
>
>Is this how it happens? Am I just like them?
>
>AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
>
>Terry Farrell

Great post, Terry.
Judge not, lest ye be judged.
Everybody has a radically different perspective.
That said, do either of you play the cello?  At all?
If not, then it's literally just window dressing...
unless you're expecting visits from itinerant string players who show up
without their instruments....
Best, David A.