Very Scary Instrument Thought

Maxpiano@AOL.COM Maxpiano@AOL.COM
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 20:11:13 EDT

mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> My wife and I both had the same thought of setting a nice old cello in the
> corner for decoration - an old one of very little value (definately less
> than $100).  Then this scary thought came over me: Am I just like them
> (that buy cheap grands for decoration)?

Yes, but so am I though perhaps on a different level.  Our Foerster upright
that we bought in Germany shortly after our wedding in 1965 decorates our
den.  ....hasn't been tuned in..........  I once complained to my wife that
no one writes me a check for tuning it.  Whereupon she offered to write me a
check.  Somehow that didn't seem the same.

Bill Maxim, RPT
Maxim Piano Service
Columbia, SC