Fungus among us

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 10:57:31 -0700

List,
Scott Helms, from Michigan, had the same request recently and called to
tell me that he never really got any responses as to how to deal with
this problem.  He is eager for a solution, so I will forward to him all
of your wisdom on this topic.

Jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of David Andersen
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 11:50 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Fungus among us

Oh esteemed list----

Please give me your best wisdom about removing mold from a C7.  Youngish

couple, bought an old house, moved their piano in(for some unexplained
reason), remediated the mold in the walls, ceilings, etc., but still
tests positive in the piano.

The environmental testing and remediation guys called me----they're good

guys, but have no idea how to proceed with this...they just said they
"ruined" a piano a few years back trying to clean it up.

HELP.......and please be specific....

Thanks....
David Andersen