Very Scary Instrument Thought

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 08 Sep 2002 09:20:14 -0500

>A guy wanted piano wire for his racquet ball racquet. I told him it would
>cut the ball like a n egg slicer. At first I thought this guy must a semi
>pro, or something, if he wants to string his racquet with piano wire. But
>when I played him, he was just barely a little better than me.
>
>Wim

Yea, but just get him wired - then watch him go! I think it's interesting
that folks think of music wire as super string. Whatever works, I suppose,
as long as they are familiar with cutting and applying tape stitches. I've
sold a few pound rolls to Boeing and Lear over the years. They use it as a
long straightedge for placement and alignment of huge fabrication jigs and
machine tools. From a precision/cost and trouble standpoint, it would be
hard to beat.

Hey, maybe I can pick up a junked fabrication jig from Boeing Surplus,
festooned with all sorts of clamps, set screws and drill bushings, to hang
over the front door as a pre-screening and undesirables repellant device.
Yea, I kind of like it. Maybe even find one in zinc chromate green with a
little "safety orange" accent.

Ron N