Sound coming from the plate

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 15:32:15 +0200

Hello,

You could use a big screwdriver or a hard wood dowel as a stethoscope to
check more precisely where the sound is produced. I believe you can find
cheap stethoscopes for automotive work.

Or call a doctor, they have a real one generally, but ask you to say "33",
the piano may not be able to do that.

Aspirin and go to bed early

Isaac

  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]De la part de
SUSAN P SWEARINGEN
  Envoyé : dimanche 8 septembre 2002 01:39
  À : pianotech@ptg.org
  Objet : Re: Sound coming from the plate

  The reason I think it's the plate is that when I have the piano open and
put my ear right next to the plate and play a note, my ear is hearing it
coming directly from the plate itself.  In addition, it has a kind of
metalic timber to it.

  I'm going to try and press a piece of felt above the pressure bar, like
was mentioned in the previous post, and see if that helps.