New Steinway D problem

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 10:15:12 +0200

Thanks Delwin.

Does this item have a specific / proper name ? And as to
whether its turned to tight, I had thought about taking a
quick look with a rocker gauge at string angles off the
bridge in the area and compare to the area immediatly around
it. My understanding is that it was snug, but the bolt could
be turned with a wrench without much difficulty, and the rep
decided to give it a whole turn. Given the possible
negatives here with regard to bearing I thought it might be
wise to back it off again if it seemed appropriate.

I'm not sure I understand your point about damping here. I
thought you were of the opinion that the problem with
internal damping was that it absorbed to much energy, tho
here you are concerned about the plate actually vibrating to
much, and the purpose of the device itself supports you.

Cheers

RicB

--
Richard Brekne