Changed to Rippen/Lindner from Currier

Robert Wilson pianotechnicianuk@yahoo.com
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 00:52:29 +0100 (BST)

 --- John Ross <jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca> wrote: > The
piano was called a Lindner, I think.
> The action and the keys and the keybed were the
> Mickey mouse part.
> The keys were completely plastic, the centre pin was
> a piece of spring
> steel inserted into the key, with a plastic piece on
> the other end
> that way friction fitted into an aluminium channel.
> The key levelling
> was accomplished with a plastic screw, that was
> screwed one way or the
> other.
> The action had a lot of aluminium. press cut parts
> just bent to shape,
> action tapes were a piece of string, attached with
> hot melt glue.
> It was a real almost toy like apparatus.
> I have never heard anyone comment on how they worked
> when new, before
> the person had a look inside.
> Rippen, was the name of the manufacturer, if I'm not
> mistaken.

The Lindner piano was made in Shannon, Ireland until
about 1974.
They were just as you describe, with no proper flanges
- the action parts merely clipping on with a kind of
'gipsy's clothes peg' arangement.  Any still around
are almost certainly unservicable.
Hope to God that you never come across another!

Bob