Sound coming from the plate

SUSAN P SWEARINGEN ssclabr8@flash.net
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 15:57:13 -0500

Hi Everyone.=20

Has anyone ever encountered this before?  I have a client with an M1F =
from Yamaha.  It's only a few years old but already, Yamaha has =
discontinued the line.  It's a 43 " upright and it has one of those =
crazy lids that lift up like a grand piano.

Anyway, I noticed that after I strike a key anywhere in the treble, I =
get a metalic sound that is not in tune with the note struck.  It was =
obvious to me that the sound I was hearing was the iron plate vibrating =
for a short time after the note was struck.  However, as I mentioned, it =
was a terrible out-of-tune noise.  It's not extremely obvious but it is =
loud enough that it drives the owner crazy.  The plate screws are all =
tight, as is every other screw I could find.

I wonder if this was why this series was discontinued.  Anyone ever run =
into a similar problem?

Corte Swearingen