plate refinishing detail

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 16:50:32 -0400

I clean the screws with a wire wheel on a grinder. I put them in a box
with chicken wire. (the very small squares, which are about 1/2"
square),. I spray them with the same gold paint as the plate. Unless
they are nickel plated to begin with. You should polish those up, and
spray them with a clear coat of lacquer.

I leave the hitch pins in, and spay them. That is not a problem. You can
spray the agraffes, too, but for a super look, take them out and polish
then, since they are brass. Keep should them in order when you take them
out, and put them back in the same hole.
Wim

            Gerald-Wim,

            Someone mentioned putting a spent firearm shell casing over
each agraffes before spraying.. I haven't tried this yet and can't
remember the caliber required. You could bring one to a gun shop or mic.
the O.D.

            Tom Driscoll