Changed to Rippen/Lindner from Currier

Sat, 07 Sep 2002 21:10:11 +0200

That would be correct. Lindner is the name. You could actually refit these
with new keys (wooden) and keybed, and a decent action and it would  sound
pretty much like most any Rippen. I did this once about 12 years back.
Lindner themselves sold the keyframe and keys for retrofit. I think they
were trying to save a sinking ship. The cost (including a real action)
was nearly half of what it cost to actually buy the whole piano new so it
wasnt really a thing you could expect to do very often.

The end result was still a cheapo piano, and as those go it was par for
the course I suppose. At least it wasnt pretentious :)

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.